Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two of my favorite handguns


Here is a picture of two of my favorite handguns.

The pistol on the left is a Glock 9mm Model 19, which I recently purchased. So far, it has lived up to the hype surrounding this gun. The weapon on the right is a caliber .357 magnum Smith & Wesson Model 28 "Highway Patrolman" revolver. I bought it new in the 1980's, sold it to a friend in the 1990's and inherited it back from him after he died a few years ago. In my hands, both of these weapons are very accurate.

The Glock is a completely modern weapon, made of advanced design and composite materials. The Smith & Wesson is of an older, very traditional design and construction. Both of these weapons have been favorites of law enforcement. The Glock is currently popular; the Smith & Wesson has had its day.

No comments:

Post a Comment